We are still open, but have updated our procedures to protect both you and our staff while providing high-quality care. As always, you can contact us by phone, text, or email during our regular business hours with any questions. All changes below begin on March 23rd and continue until the California state of emergency is lifted.
Medicine, Preventatives, and Food Delivery
You can have everything delivered to your home through our online pharmacy at AkaalPet.VetsFirstChoice.com
Our online pharmacy is fully accredited, with strict quality and safety standards. We also offer FREE shipping, instant rebates, and AutoShip delivery options – all integrated with our practice’s medical records for more visibility into treatment and care.
If you would like us to send you the direct link to get your medication, give us a call or text and we would be happy to do that. If you would rather pick up your refill, please give us a call so we can get everything ready for you.
We will be switching to hands-free and drop-off only appointments
Hands-Free appointments have a scheduled time just like a regular office visit. Drop-Off appointments allow you the flexibility to drop off and pick up your pet during the day, without any hospitalization charges.
- Please call as you are arriving, and a hospital team member will meet you and your pet in front of the building.
- The team member will collect your pet, and return all non-essential personal belongings. (i.e. Leash, collar, etc).
- You may then wait in your vehicle while the doctor is examining your pet. All communications will be done over the phone and text.
- Once the examination and treatments are complete, you may pay over the phone by credit/debit card. If you are paying by cash, a team member will take the payment in front of the building.
- A team member will then meet you in front of the building with your pet, documents, and any medications that you may need. All documents, including invoices, will also be emailed to you.
We will be postponing all elective procedures and non-essential appointments
We have never charged cancellation or rescheduling fees, so don’t hesitate to reschedule. To make things easier, we have created an easy online form to be put on an appointment waitlist available here to be notified when we resume normal operation.
We will be postponing non-rabies vaccination, following advisory from the AVMA. Kittens and puppies should still be vaccinated as usual.
We will also be postponing all elective surgeries, such as spays, neuters, and dentals, following advisory from the FDA. If you are already scheduled, you can keep your appointment but we will be calling to give you the choice to reschedule.
Your Veterinary Care Team at Akaal Pet Hospital