Pet Conditions We Treat at Akaal Pet Hospital in Citrus Heights
As pet owners, it is our responsibility to look out for the beloved pets we take in. Part of that responsibility should involve routine medical checkups to ensure that our pet is at his or her maximum state of health. Here at Akaal Pet Hospital in Citrus Heights, we treat many common conditions your pet may have.
Common Conditions in Cats and Dogs
- Skin allergies. Allergens such as dander, pollen, and pollen tend to cause allergic reactions in a pet's skin.
- Arthritis. Inflammation of the joints is very common in cats and dogs.
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. Gastrointestinal issues could indicate a digestive disease of some kind.
- Bladder or urinary tract infection. Frequent urination or urine that is clouded with blood is often a telltale sign of an infection.
- Dental issues. Periodontitis, or gum infection, is an especially common problem for cats and dogs. Poor oral hygiene can lead to other serious health conditions that negatively impact your pet.
- Chronic kidney diseases. Pets with CKD are prone to dehydration and poor appetite.
- Diabetes. Diabetes is especially prevalent in older pets, occurring when your pet has abnormally high blood sugar levels.
- Upper respiratory infection.
- Injury. If a pet is experiencing physical trauma, they likely require urgent care.
Symptoms to Watch Out For
There are certain symptoms you can look out for in your pet. Check your pet into the veterinarian’s clinic if they exhibit these symptoms:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sudden weight loss
- Excessive urination
- Excessive thirst
- Loss of appetite
- Chewing or licking skin
- Bad breath
- Frequent bleeding
- Constant crying
Pet Care in Citrus Heights
Does your cat or dog have a healthcare problem? AKAAL Pet Hospital is an emergency pet care center that can help. We specialize in surgery, dentistry, radiology, examination, vaccinations, senior care, and nutritional counseling for animals. To have your pet receive veterinary care from the AKAAL Pet Hospital, please call us at 916-729-7779. We can design an individualized treatment plan for your loved one.